Tranny radio

For crossdressing issues, stories, tips, help and discussion.

Tranny radio

Postby Bron » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 am

Well, i have done it again. I am not going to TR anymore, can't stand the dictator that runs the website. So....there will be more posts from me here.
Bron

Re: Tranny radio

Postby Rosalind » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:34 am

Hi Bron,

Well, there are a few more people who have had problems on TR. But then there are many who love the site. C'est la vie ...

Hugs,

Rosalind.
Rosalind
Society Member

Postby June » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Bron, I have nothing but admiration for Amanda running the TR web site, it is an excellent place to visit and the moderation is minimal to say the least. Amanda has an unenviable task that she does well.

In a later post Amanda comments that she only moderates offensive posts and those that are off topic. Otherwise it is free speech. I imagine that Rosalind would be moderating in much the same way if there are complaints about the tenor of postings.

June
Work is the curse of the drinking girl
June
Society Member

Postby Noeleena » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi.

Bron Try being a mod . im on over 20 forums trans only ones not including the others & most are good a few there are a few heated details , i look & read quite a lot & i do quite a few posts & have a pretty good idear of whats going on ,

sit back & look wether you agree or not on whats said or implyed its very hard to get agreement on every thing T R has about 416 members try 26 500 . & of those we have 7.000 posting all the time so a few mods are needed. theres many time s i wont say a thing because i kow what some will say. so its not worth the hassle of haveing a scrap & get over the top for what a few words , of what one thinks one is right .or not as the case may be,

on another forum iv been wacked over the head if you like. because we see things from different perspectives so i just back off & let it run its cause & dont get over heated.

You know the saying no point getting in a tis over it . keep your friends & enjoy the ride. dont bail out .

...noeleena...
Noeleena

Postby Portiahoney » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Bronwyn.

It's all fine so long as you don't carry it with you. Have your say. And then, as they say, get over it.

At the end of the day, everone is entitled to their opinions - even if you don't agree with them. Some just have the reigns, that's all.

I am over it. But I won't call it a day just yet.

If you have an opinion, you have a right to express it. Just as the moderator has a right to remove or amend your opinion. If, at the end of the day, you are right, then you will at least reached out to others who may see it from your point of view. What is to be gained from running away from a good scrap?

And, ultimately, at the end of the day, what does any of this really matter. If someone can find something good from what you tried to say, isn't that all that matters?

Have fun. Don't get yourself sent to the "sin bin". Have your say, but be sure in what you have to say. The last thing you want is to be going back on your words. In my humble opinion - humble pie doesn't taste all that good. (the origin of "humble pie" is that it was made with all the scraps that no one would eat so the poor would have some nourishment at least - yuck). I never thought I would see the day that Amanda wouldn't pull a posting because it would show her in a bad light. And what she said about me - that doesn't phase me in the slightest. There is strength in being right. On the whole, I would say she does a terrific job. And I will acknowledge that moderators anywhere don't get an easy ride simply because everyone believes their thoughts are the correct ones.

Hang in there darling. It realy is mostly good.

PS/ I never thought there would be a conversation like this here. And this started as a one line reply LOL. :mrgreen:
Portiahoney

Postby Bron » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 pm

My decision stands....no more TR.
Bron

Postby Jomeffan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Bron wrote:My decision stands....no more TR.

This all has to be checked out will give you my evaluation of the site in a short while. :ugeek:
Jomeffan

Postby Sasha-Wolf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 am

Sites are funny things while here at Chameleons we agreed that an open and public voice is the most important ballance, while this was not the case in the past this site has grown up some what and we take the hard knocks from members about the clubs short falls. Today you can go into chat with out fear and speak your mind as long as its logical :o Logical I said. and you can post what you do not like and we do hear your complaints. Needless to say we try to act, I confess "I am far from comfortable as my roll as Social Director and do all I can when I can. So my answer is is this what you place in you get out! So I try to place some effeort in and hope I done all I can.Its all to easy to sit back in the chair bitch like an old woman, To act is another agenda?

While members past and future come and go we see this site and the club membership try and be covering everyone, We are well aware one size does not fit all, But needless to say we try to cover members ad the feelings they have.

Look Amanda has had a lot of heat in the last few years from our ranks and many would be delighted to see her and her site go down for good. Sadly this has affected a person who was once a carefree soul who ran her ship well. This is not to say TR is not being run well today. I to have my issues the way the site is now. But guess what? Its not my Site! it is Amanda's and we all must repsect that at the end of the day. None of us could do what Amanda has done these past 10 years and that was unite the whole sorry lot of us into one group. Bron sorry doll you got canned, But try to understand Amanda has TR as much as you have your Bike. You would not lend you bike to let anyone do as they please. I'm not sure what the post was about, But you can post it here with out fear of it being torn down.
Sasha-Wolf

Postby Bron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 pm

What you all have said is true. But after being online continuously for 17 years i have an idea what free speech is all about. I didn't get that at TR. I just don't like to be dictated to[there's that word again] on such a petty issue. I am just used to a liberal internet. Having said that...it would be appropriate to end this thread here.
Bron

Postby Jomeffan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Girls Girls Girls one person gave a point of view unfortunately in describing her complaint it did sound a bir negative and personal. Most thought that the view should not have been brought forward perhaps in raising the issue it was constructive but what was said should have been raised in TR and not in Chameleon.
Jomeffan

Next

Return to Crossdressers